Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.28
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:18:46 +0200

On Jun 25, 2009, at 7:00 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:

Hi Carsten,

As always this is a great release.

On 2009-06-25, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
This is why `C-x C-s' seems to me the perfect key for this.

Agree.

Also, I think it would be nice to make this "bulk action" feature more consistent with bulk action mechanisms from other packages like dired,
buff-menu.el or bookmark-mode.el.

Agree.

You know, I have been agonizing over these bindings,
switching them back and forward.  Obviously, I would like
to have things like in dired and similar programs.

I don't want to switch `d' to `D', no way.  One of the consistent
things in the agenda keymap is that caleandar/diary related keys are
upper case.  `d' and `w' are not negotiable.

OK, how about this? (Not trying to /negotiate/, but offer another poss :).)

Keep archive-related commands together. Also allow room for the future.

aa does what a does now
av does what v does

Keep view-related commands together.  Also keep dwmy consistency.
Also allow room for the future.

vd does what d does now
vw
vm
vy

Keep dired compatibility.

m marks <-- i like this a lot
something reasonable to execute, like x or M
u unmarks
U unmarks all

Possible?  Or still not enough?

These are pretty good ideas.  I do like using v as a prefix key
for changing the view.  I do like vd vw vm vy.  I still want to
keep "d" and "w" as fast access keys for day and week view,
but month and year view are used much less, I am sure, so we
could free "m" in this way.

I don't think we shoud make "a" into a double key, instead
also the current "v" could become a double key under "v".  In fact,
log mode could go there as well if we needed the "l" key at some point.
Other candidates would be clock report, grid, and maybe more.

Opinions?

- Carsten

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering, worse than MS. Conflicts of interest are destroying research. / You/ can get the disease at any time permanently. Do science and justice matter to
you?  http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/What_Is_ME_What_Is_CFS.htm