Re: [Orgmode] Re: indent list item and change list type automatically

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: indent list item and change list type automatically
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:46:44 +0100

At Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:51:10 +0200,
Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if my question was too complicated or too stupid?

Neither, I guess.  The simplest answer, and this applies to Emacs in
general, is that if you find you have a sequence of keystrokes that
you repeat often, save them as a keyboard macro:

  C-x ( ... C-x )

where the ... are the keystrokes you repeat and then save the keyboard
macro (look at kmacro-name-last-macro).  You can then put this saved
keyboard macro in your .emacs (look at insert-kbd-macro) to have it
defined every time.  The Emacs info pages on keyboard macros should
help.

There are other solutions, of course, including writing a simple elisp
function which does the steps you want.

HTH.