Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX export bugs?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX export bugs?
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 06:36:39 +0200

On Jul 2, 2009, at 10:40 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Sébastien Vauban wrote:
Other things I've noticed:

- Even with version 6.28, the `#+TBLNAME' tag must be located in column 0
(at least, for the highlighting features to work)

Fixed, thanks.

Euh, no, *I* am supposed to answer: "Fixed, thanks", and I'm doing it... ;-)

The "thanks" is short for "thanks for your report/idea" :-)

- Remote references to other tables are great, but they only work with
absolute references, not with named cells.

They actually do work fine. A call like remote(mytbl,$name) will work
in this table

| _ | name |
|   | value |

OK. I did not understand from the doc (section 3.5.1) that I had to prefix the
name of the cell with $:

  "REF is an absolute field [...] as described above."

I admit that, knowing it, I understand the above text better. Maybe is such
an example missing?

Fixed, thanks.

Now, more important question, one of the few that's not answered from my previous post: how can I shade or frame a table? For me, inserting # +LaTeX tags is different from inserting #+BEGIN_LaTeX and #+END_LaTeX tags: the first
one should have no impact on the rest of the text.

Though, it isn't as you can see with my following example:

#+LaTeX: \begin{framed}
#+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrrr
| Code      | \euro{} |  \% | \euro{} |
|-----------+---------+-----+---------|
| GSM       |         |     |    0.00 |
| Internet  |  168.45 | 100 |  168.45 |
| Matériel  |  295.99 | 100 |  295.99 |
| Publicité |  214.25 |  33 |   70.70 |
| Autres    |         |     |    0.00 |
|-----------+---------+-----+---------|
| Total     |         |     |  535.14 |
#+TBLFM: $4=$2*$3/100;%.2f::@7$4=vsum(@address@hidden)
#+LaTeX: \end{framed}

Am I misunderstanding section 12.7.2 or is this a feature?

This does not work.  What is happening here is that during
LaTeX export, these begin/end lines are inserted into the buffer.
Then the LaTeX exporter marks the entire content of this environment
as something that should be exported literally to LaTeX, this is
why you can write

\begin{equation}
a=b
\end{equation}

and it will all be exported literally to LaTeX.

The fact that the table is transformed into a LaTeX table at
all is actually a bug which I will fix.

So there is not really a standard way to do what you want.

However, you could take a look as Chris Gray's contributes package
org-special-blocks.el

   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-special-blocks.php

which was made just for this use case.

Another workaround (hack, really) would be

#+LATEX_HEADER: \def\noop{}

\noop\begin{framed}
\noop\end{framed}

This will trick Org-mode by not having the \begin macro at
the beginning of a line, so it will not protect the content
of the environment.  Dirty, but works.

HTH

- Carsten