[Orgmode] HTML export error with file link containing underscores

From: Brenton Kenkel
Subject: [Orgmode] HTML export error with file link containing underscores
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 14:40:48 -0400

Dear all,

I am having a problem with Org-mode's HTML export, specifically with a local file link that contains underscores. My file contains the following link in the org-mode source:

[[file:low_stats/berkeley_brady_2005.pdf][syllabus]]

and the HTML export produces the following:

I have tried escaping the underscores with a backslash, as well as including the line "#+OPTIONS: ^:nil *:nil" to disable the use of underscores for other functions. None of these fixes produced the correct HTML code. Is this a bug, or is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks for your help,
Brenton Kenkel