[Orgmode] questions about exporting to latex using beamer documentclass

From: Spike Spiegel
Subject: [Orgmode] questions about exporting to latex using beamer documentclass
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 00:31:41 +0100

Hi,

I have the following in my .emacs:

(add-to-list 'org-export-latex-classes
             '("beamer"
               "\\documentclass[11pt]{beamer}
\\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\\usepackage{hyperref}
\\usepackage{verbatim}
\\usetheme{Singapore}
\\usecolortheme{dove}"
               ("\\begin{frame}{%s}"
                "\\end{frame}"
                "\\begin{frame}{%s}"
                "\\end{frame}")))

and I'm having a hard time to figure out the solution to the following problems:
- there are no "section/subsection" tex commands added before the
frame one and I don't see how to add it in there since a section and
subsection can be in the same frame
- I'm in the situation that I need to pass options to an image
(\includegraphics) in a frame's title (frames are beamer's idea of
slide). Based on the docs it seems I should be doing something like
"#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=5cm,angle=90" but I can't put that within a
headline before the image and it won't work if I put it before it
because it'll end up outside of the frame
- I also need to include an image in the titlepage but I don't see any
way to override \maketitle other than maybe renewcommand'ing it, which
I tried with #+LaTeX_HEADER, but kept getting errors, altho that might
have been me. While poking around I noticed
org-export-latex-title-command in org-latex.el but I'm unsure how I'd
use that to achieve my goal.

On a side note, a little feature request: would it be possible to
produce an indented tex file? post editing is otherwise quite painful

thanks

--
"Behind every great man there's a great backpack" - B.