Re: [Orgmode] org-store-link forgets external filename?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-store-link forgets external filename?
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:04:32 +0200

On Jul 6, 2009, at 12:18 AM, Stefan Vollmar wrote:

Dear Carsten,

On 05.07.2009, at 23:27, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Stefan,

the magic of id: links is just that they are globally unique, and that
they will find the right target even if you move the target entry
from one file to another. Therefore, export to HTML should automatically insert the correct file name. And this is just how it works for me.

thanks for the quick and detailed reply!

[...]
Try M-x org-id-update-id-location to fix ID confusion.

indeed everything now works just fine after calling org-id-update-id- location in all files. However, the question remains: what went wrong and is this a rare problem? Maybe some copy-paste-artefact?

This is clearly a possibility.

One other thing: I mentioned on the list a short while ago that we need a list of headings with their corresponding links in the HTML export to generate online help in QtAssistant format. I might even get one of my students to look into it - I assume one could hook into some HTML export functions. Could you give us a hint on where to look?

  (org-map-entries
   '(list level
          (org-no-properties (org-get-heading 'notags))
          (or (org-entry-get nil "CUSTOM_ID")
              (org-entry-get nil "ID")))
   "LEVEL<=3" 'file)

will return a list of elements, each with level (1-3), heading, and
custom or U identifier that can be used in a link.

I that what you are looking for?

- Carsten

P.S.  Yes, the mapping API is *very* powerful, a pity that
not more people use it.

Many thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
Stefan