Re: [Orgmode] Updating Emacs to latest org-release on MS Windows?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Updating Emacs to latest org-release on MS Windows?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:15:39 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> However, in the standard software on this computer, there is no
> (gnu)make equivalent installed.  Therefore, I have the same need as
> Stefan.  Is there maybe an elisp script/function that can take the
> place of the make command used to prepare all the .elc files for
> org-mode pulled from the git repository?

C-x d path/to/orgs/el/files/ RET

% m \.el RET

L: loads all marked files
B: compiles all marked files

As an alternative, a list of the *.el files in the correct order would
be a nice think to have. We have `byte-compile-file' to compile the
files:

  byte-compile-file is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
  `bytecomp.el'.

  (byte-compile-file bytecomp-filename &optional load)

  Compile a file of Lisp code named bytecomp-filename into a file of
  byte code.  The output file's name is generated by passing
  bytecomp-filename to the function `byte-compile-dest-file' (which
  see).
  With prefix arg (noninteractively: 2nd arg), load the file after
  compiling.  The value is non-nil if there were no errors, nil if
  errors.

  Sebastian