Re: [Orgmode] Latest Org and Carbon Emacs

From: Karl Maihofer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latest Org and Carbon Emacs
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 23:09:50 +0200

Thanks! I was able to find the org-lisp-files of the old org-version with "locate-library". Then I renamed the files and added the following to my configuration:

(require 'org-latex)

Now LaTeX export works!

Thanks again!

Karl

Nick Dokos schrieb:
Karl Maihofer <address@hidden> wrote:

Until now I used Org with Debian GNU/Linux. Today I bought a MacBook
Pro 13" and I spent the evening making my first steps with MacOS. I
installed the Carbon Emacs package and configured Emacs to use the
latest Org-Version that I copied to ~/elisp/org-mode/.

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/org-mode/lisp/")
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))

When I try to export an org-file to LaTeX I get the following error:

org-export-latex-first-lines: Symbol's function definition is void:
org-cleaned-string-for-export

I think I saw this error already some time ago and the reason was,
that an old org-version conflicts with the one I use. Under Debian I
renamed the Org-elisp-files in the Emacs-Program-Directory and the
problem was solved. But under MacOS I cannot find these files - as I
wrote, I am completely new to MacOS. I scanned the Folders
/Applications/Emacs.app/* but couldn't find the org elisp files.

Could anybody give me a hint where to find the files and how to solve
my problem?

You are missing a

(require 'org-install)

after the  load path is set.

HTH,
Nick

PS. Checking org-version is always a good idea: M-x org-version

You can find where emacs is picking up the files by evaluating this:
 (locate-library "org")

or interactively:
 M-x locate-library <RET> org <RET>