[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode as a bug tracker.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode as a bug tracker.
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:25:11 +0200

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Any reasons why this is not a good idea?

Just remembered that time ago, when the bug tracker for Emacs was
discussed, Bastien proposed to use org-mode for it. I argued against
because the Emacs bug database would soon fill dozens of megabytes and
this volume does not fit the philosophy of a text-based database.

So I calculated what amount of plain text would require a replica of my
Trac system: it's about 40 MB, with a few thousands tickets. I could
partitionate this on four unequal parts, though, with the largest being
20 MB and 2000 tickets.

Is this data volume too much for org?

Another nuisance is attached files. This requires an ad-hoc mechanism
and I'm not sure I want them stored along with the source files.

Any experiences on using org for bug tracking is appreciated.

--
Óscar