Re: [Orgmode] org-remember problem

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-remember problem
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:11:43 -0400

Mark Scala <address@hidden> wrote:

> Org-mode newbie here.  I was having trouble getting org-remember to
> work for me.  I have the git version installed and followed the
> org-manual instructions, but (org-remember-insinuate) kept throwing an
> error while loading my .emacs.  With other solutions suggested on the
> web, I kept getting an error saying that `Autoload couldn't define
> org-remember' (or something like that).  Googling didn't turn up any
> other solutions that worked, so I mucked around on my own a bit and
> found that adding (load-file "~/org-mode/lisp/org-remember.el") to my
> .emacs solves the problem. (After doing that, (org-remember-insinuate)
> worked fine.)

I just tried the following:

o started emacs without *any* initialization:

  emacs -Q

o modified my load-path to point to the org lisp files:

  (add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/org/lisp")

o Did a require on org-install

  (require 'org-install)

That is all that should be necessary to be able to use any
core org facility. In particular, the call to org-remember-insinuate
succeeds:

(org-remember-insinuate) -> (org-remember-apply-template)

[The return value is the value of remember-mode-hook, a list
of one element at this point.]

Does this not work for you? If not, what breaks? If something does
break, please read the Feedback section of the manual
(http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback) and send a bug report
with as much information as possible.

Thanks,
Nick