[Orgmode] Error after org-remember-insinuate on Aquamacs

From: Markus Baden
Subject: [Orgmode] Error after org-remember-insinuate on Aquamacs
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:39:33 +0200

Hi all,

Ok, I'm not really fluent in emacs, but I try to describe my problem anyhow ;-) I'm using org-mode in Aquamacs for a while now and since lately the following error occurs (unfortunately I don't know what change caused the problem):

When loading the minimal .emacs below [1], which just loads org-mode and remember, I get the following error:

        Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

My setup is
        Aquamacs 1.8
        orgmode 6.27a
        remember 2.0

If I load the same .emacs in the console based emacs (22.3.1) of the fink distribution on my mac no error occurs. And also no error occurs when commenting out org-remember-insinuate.

Can anybody tell me what this max-specpdl-size is about (except from what i have learned from describe-variable) and (hopefully) help to get my Aquamacs/org-setup working again.

(Btw: How can I debug emacs in order to find out where exactly the error lies)

Thank you very much for your help,

Markus

[1] Here is the .emacs:
;; Org-Mode
(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp/org-6.27a/lisp" load-path))
(require 'org-install)

;; Orgmode remember
(setq load-path (cons "~/elisp/remember/" load-path))
(require 'remember)
(org-remember-insinuate) ; Fails!
(define-key global-map "\C-cr" 'org-remember)