Re: [Orgmode] How to Calculate duration time in Table ?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to Calculate duration time in Table ?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:45:48 -0400

Xin Shi <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a table in org which stores the date, I'm wondering if there is any
> function to calculate the duration? For example:
>
> | Start Date |   End Date | Duration |
> |------------+------------+----------|
> | 2004.08.07 | 2005.07.08 |          |
>
> I tried to use B&-C&, but failed ...

Try the following:

| Start Date |   End Date | Duration |
|------------+------------+----------|
| 2004.08.07 | 2005.07.08 |      335 |
#+TBLFM: $3=(date(<$2>)-date(<$1>))

See this thread:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/7741

as well as this post (which is really a followup on the
above):

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/7753

The problem that this last article pointed out was solved
in

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/8001

and Chris Randle's original musings are at

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6536/

HTH,
Nick