[Orgmode] Re: Error after org-remember-insinuate on Aquamacs

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Error after org-remember-insinuate on Aquamacs
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:50:40 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

> Markus Baden <markus.baden <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Ok, I'm not really fluent in emacs, but I try to describe my problem
> > anyhow  I'm using org-mode in Aquamacs for a while now and since
> > lately the following error occurs (unfortunately I don't know what
> > change caused the problem):
> >
> >     Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size
> >

> This typically means that there is a recursive call (or a set of mutually
> recursive calls) that does not "bottom out".
>
> > My setup is

> > If I load the same .emacs in the console based emacs (22.3.1) of the
> > fink distribution on my mac no error occurs. And also no error occurs
> > when commenting out org-remember-insinuate.
> >

> I hope you are starting both Aquamacs and the "normal" emacs so that they
> don't load any init files at all. For "normal" emacs, that's the -Q switch;
> I don't know what it is for Aquamacs. The only way I can think of that this
> difference in behavior might arise is by having the different emacsen start
> differently.

If it helps, Aquamacs has a menu entry under Help > Diagnose & Report Bug > that
will start Aquamacs "clean".  From there you could execute those statements and
see if the bug occurs.  That would help with the diagnosis, since it would rule
in or out involvement of your personal configuration.

Is there any chance that you are running org mode interpreted instead of
compiled?

I'm running the current git release on Aquamacs w/o any trouble.

Also, you can try doing M-x set-variable debug-on-error to t before you call
org-remember-insinuate.  That should give you a backtrace that you can post to
the list.