Re: [Orgmode] orgstruct minor mode

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] orgstruct minor mode
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:21:35 -0400

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

>> It might be nice to have these solutions in one place.

Yes, an overview/tutorial of the various options would be good to have.

>> I know of hideshow, hideshow-org, the email thread,
>> outline-minor-mode plus regexp fixes, orgstruct, orgstruct++,
>> orgtbl, and org-babel so far.

[One obvious point for the record -- embedding code in org files is not
a mutually exclusive alternative to the others: after C-c ' the code is
edited in a language major mode buffer in which the other solutions
might be used for folding / structuring]

I'll add Carsten's outline-magic.el to that list.

http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/outline-magic.el

Personally I've been using plain outline-minor-mode for code folding. I
haven't used outline-magic, but it seems like perhaps I should. Is
anyone out there currently using it?

Dan