[Orgmode] Re: Restore previous folded state of org buffer

From: User
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Restore previous folded state of org buffer
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:22:27 +0000 (UTC)

User <spamfilteraccount <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The folding information should simply be saved into a separate
> file. For example, for notes.org the accompanying folding
> information could be in notes.org.fold. The posted code can be
> trivially modified to behave this way and with this change the
> actual content of the org file is not affected at all and we have
> a pretty usable folding save/restore extension for org.

The thing pestered me, so I fixed it to take care of it.

Now folding information is saved into a separate file and it is
saved when the buffer is closed (but only if the buffer is saved
to disk to avoid saving folding info for discarded buffers).

I fixed the algorithm too, because it was buggy. Now it's working
well and it's also simpler.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/orgfold-separate-file.el