Re: [Orgmode] tea-time?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] tea-time?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 03:04:56 +0800

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> My idea was to be thorough, documenting the idea even if it is too
> hard to implement.  I think the interface would be the same as now,
> except that clicking on the mode line cycles among the timers.
>
> In principle you might be clocking a task while timing a few
> tea-time-type tasks (e.g. your tea has steeped, the meat is defrosted,
> the laundry is ready for somebody to switch).
>
> tea-time and clocking are different things.  Thus, you might want to
> clock without effort, and you might want to simply do org-remember to
> start a timer.  Or you might want to do both at the same time.

I see.

> Unless I am mistaken, your hooks would work for people who want to
> clock with effort, but not for those two cases.  At least not without
> further code.

No you're not mistaken.

> This thread started because it was claimed that tea-time was
> integrated into org.

(Just for the record, this statement came from emacswiki, not from the
list...  it's hard to keep on eye on emacswiki for such statements!)

I have implemented this tea-time functionality in latest Org.  Now you
can call `org-timer-set-timer' from Org buffers with `C-c C-x ;' and
from Org Agendas with `;'.  You will be prompted for a number of minutes
and you will get a notification about the current headline after this
number of minutes.  You can set up to three timers.  Please test.

Thanks for insisting on this!

--
 Bastien