[Orgmode] Showing hidden subtree automatically if point is hidden when t

From: User
Subject: [Orgmode] Showing hidden subtree automatically if point is hidden when the buffer is opened
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:00:07 +0000 (UTC)

I use folded view by default, but I also use saveplace.el,
because it's nice to continue from the point I left off in the
buffer, instead of navigating there again manually.

The problem is the restored point can be in an automatically
folded section when the buffer is opened, so I added this little
code to my org-mode hook which opens the subtree automatically if
point is hidden:

  (run-with-idle-timer 0 nil
                       (lambda ()
                         (when (outline-invisible-p)
                           (save-excursion
                             (outline-previous-visible-heading 1)
                             (org-show-subtree)))))

I haven't seen an option for this in org, so I post the code
here if someone has a similar problem.