Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic indentation of org tree
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:05:58 +0800

User <address@hidden> writes:

> It is a possible solution to the clean view problem mentioned in
> the org manuual:
>
>   Indentation of text below headlines
>
>   You may indent text below each headline to make the left
>   boundary line up with the headline, like
>
>             *** 3rd level
>                 more text, now indented
>

>   A good way to get this indentation is by hand, and Org supports
>   this with paragraph filling, line wrapping, and structure
>   editing99 preserving or adapting the indentation as
>   appropriate. A different approach would be to have a way to
>   automatically indent lines according to outline structure by
>   adding overlays or text properties. But I have not yet found a
>   robust and efficient way to do this in large files.
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/#Clean-view
>

> The solution I posted implements that different approach, so you
> don't have to do the indentation by hand.

Okay, I see.

I tested your code but there are several problems: it is not usable on
big files, and even on small files the auto-indentation is confusing.
For example, stars get indented while there should not.

I guess this is still work-in-progress -- hope you'll find ways to fix
the problems above!

--
 Bastien