Re: [Orgmode] tea-time?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] tea-time?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:41:16 +0800

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2009-07-26, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> This thread started because it was claimed that tea-time was
>>> integrated into org.
>>
>> (Just for the record, this statement came from emacswiki, not from the
>> list...  it's hard to keep on eye on emacswiki for such statements!)
>
> It also seems to be in your commit at:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git?a=commitdiff;h=35321eebecca824964c01dd5013b0f19dd646b24

Well, this was the patch I created after the original question about
tea-time on the mailing list...

>> I have implemented this tea-time functionality in latest Org.  Now you
>> can call `org-timer-set-timer' from Org buffers with `C-c C-x ;' and
>> from Org Agendas with `;'.  You will be prompted for a number of minutes
>> and you will get a notification about the current headline after this
>> number of minutes.  You can set up to three timers.  Please test.
>
> A remember interface and a horizontal-space-conserving mode line
> countdown would work well here, allowing you to not be in org mode and
> showing you how many minutes remain.

Agreed.  But I won't have time to code this this week.

> I tried it and was not reminded.  Does it rely on an external command?

See the function `org-show-notification' and the option
`org-show-notification-handler'.

What is the output of

  (org-show-notification "Bump!")

?