Re: [Orgmode] Testing presence of a property

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Testing presence of a property
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:56:15 -0400

User <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a way to search for headlines which does *not* have set
> a particular property? Reading the manual I have the impression
> property search has the fixed syntax name=value, so there is no
> simple way to search for headers where a property is not yet set
> (that is, it has no value).
>
> The only way I found is testing for all possible values, but it's
> a bit clumsy (prop<>"value1"+prop<>"value2"+prop<>"value3"...).
>
> Is there a simpler way?

I don't use properties, but doesn't

  prop=""

work?

I added the following file to my agenda list:

,----

| * head
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :PROP:     foo
|   :END:
|
| * tail
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :PROP:   bar
|   :END:
`----

and I did

    C-c a m PROP="" <RET>

Since none of my normal headlines has the PROP property, I got a buffer
with all the headlines except the above two.

Conversely,

  C-c a m PROP<>"" <RET>

found only those two.

HTH,