[Orgmode] Re: Link to other org-file with anchor in a specific item

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Link to other org-file with anchor in a specific item
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:44:52 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for this follow up question, but I didn't find the answer anywhere else.
>
> Is it possible link to another org-file and tell org to expand a
> specific item (lke an anchor) ?

Simply visit the headline in the other file and use C-c C-l to store it.

Then paste it into the other file using org-store-link.  When you visit
the link org expands the headline to reveal the location.

It won't expand the entry by default but just hitting TAB does that.

Does that answer your question or did I misunderstand something?

-Bernt