Re: [Orgmode] org-mac-protocol problem - Initial content missing

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mac-protocol problem - Initial content missing
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:37:51 +0200

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 02:59:29 +0800, CHENG Gao <address@hidden> wrote:

> I found "%i" in remember template doesn't work. In remember buffer I
> only get link to original page. Initial content is not inserted even
> though I selected them, and even I did "Command-c" after the content is
> selected.
>
> How could I get content remember instead of link?

To be honest, there's not really enough information here to give an
effective answer. Here are two guesses:

1. Initial content is only supported from certain applications -
currently Safari, Skim, and (to a very limited extent) BibDesk. This is
due to the scope of the applications' AppleScript dictionaries. The
manual for org-mac-protocol provides a table of which applications are
supported by org-mac-protocol.

2. If the remember template or the note template is not creating a
remember buffer at all, the org-mac-protocol.el may not be loading
correctly because org-remember-templates has yet to be defined. I am
about to publish a small change to org-mac-protocol.el and the
documentation that will eliminate this problem.

HTH,

Christopher