Re: [Orgmode] Newbie Questions

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Newbie Questions
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:35:47 -0700

Hi Andrew,

On 2009-07-09, Andrew M. Nuxoll <address@hidden> wrote:
> 3.  Once I set a deadline for a task, it'd be nice if the priority would
> increase as the deadline approached.  Ideally the  criteria for
> increasing the priority could be specified via a customizable formula.
> Does this functionality (or anything like it) exist?

I do not use priority-as-calculated.  That is, I don't sort by
closeness to deadline, etc.  That way, everything is in a consistent
order, which I find pleasing.  I sort by my fixed urgency and
priority-as-set-by-user.  This almost certainly violates GTD, but
priorities and urgencies work for me.  Org flexibly supports any
method you want.

I do, however, rely on the agenda's built-in faces, and the second
colum that says "Deadline" etc., for status.  These are very useful.

I have a thorough testcase for this and found several potential bugs
that I will report on in a separate post.