[Orgmode] Re: Day workflow: need your opinion

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Day workflow: need your opinion
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:34:59 -0400

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> How would you use org-mode in this situation ?
>
> Ex:
>
> a) I doing some non urgent (planned) DBA tasks (call this project A)
> b) someone calls me (interrupting Project A)
> c) I am doing what urgency of b) is needed
> d) when c) is finished, I get back to project A
>
> At my job, they often rules the "retro planning" concept which is
> bloat. So how would you "manage" such situation in org-mode ?

Find project A and clock it in

When someone calls you create a remember task and clock that in.  Add
whatever details you talk about to the task as the record of your
conversation.  This creates or redirects you to work on task c).

Create or find task c) and clock it in.

Work on task c)

Mark C done.

Find project A by using the clock history C-u C-c C-x C-i and picking it
off the recently clocked list.

Continue working on task a).

HTH,
Bernt