Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-link-mode ...

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-link-mode ...
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 23:02:44 -0600

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Lennart,
>
> (I'm copying the Orgmode mailing list because it helps to get people's
> opinion on such ideas...)
>
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am missing the minor mode org-link-mode. I just had a look at
>> linkd.el again and decided I wanted to ask you to make a minor mode
>> out of the link handling in org instead.
>
> Org already lets you create links from nearly anywhere in Emacs.
>
> What would such a minor mode do?

Not sure if this is apropos to this conversation, but I've been thinking
for some time that it would be useful to have a minor mode which would
activate org-style links in non-org files.  For example if an org link
in the comment section of a source-code document could be highlighted
and activated so that the C-c C-o keybinding can be used to follow said
link. -- Eric