Re: [Orgmode] 6.29c export latex bug?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] 6.29c export latex bug?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:47:01 +0200

On Aug 11, 2009, at 5:26 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:

31ceed47ffd3070418dd34316fef8869d2434c26 is first bad commit
commit 31ceed47ffd3070418dd34316fef8869d2434c26
Author: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue Jun 30 07:24:57 2009 +0200

   New minor mode org-indent-mode

This mode implements outline indentation similar to clean view, but in
   a dynamic and virtual way, at display time.

I looked over the commit and saw this change to org-table.el:

   (if (equal (char-before) ?\n)
       ;; This hack is for org-indent, to force redisplay of the
       ;; line prefix of the first line. Apparently the redisplay
       ;; is tied to the newline, which is, I think, a bug.
       ;; To force this redisplay, we remove and re-insert the
       ;; newline, so that the redisplay engine thinks it belongs
       ;; to the changed text.
       (progn
         (backward-delete-char 1)
         (insert "\n")))

I commented it out and the export of the table worked - but I have no
idea why.

Hi zwz, thanks for the report.
Hi Nick, thanks for nailing it.

This bug is fixed now.

Nick, if you are interested, please see the commit log entry for an
explanation why this bug was happening.

- Carsten

Nick