Re: [Orgmode] Use remember to file an item to a list

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Use remember to file an item to a list
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:20:43 -0400

Hi Alan --

> I have found a need for a remember template to add a row to a table
> in which I have been keeping a series of data on (for what it's
> worth) CPU and GPU temperatures.  This could be useful in a number of
> contexts.  A remember template would save some time, each time data
> is entered.

Not sure this is the best way, but I do this with a remember template
including prompts for properties (so, for example, you would have a
template prompting you for CPU temps Nd GPU temps), and then use
columnview to display the relevant information in columns.

See
http://orgmode.org/manual/Capturing-column-view.html#Capturing-column-view

Someday (When I Have Time) I'm going to investigate org-collector.el,
which I think might be better. But this is working for me now.

--
John Rakestraw