Re: [Orgmode] Re: Preventing (or mitigating) accidental deletion in org

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Preventing (or mitigating) accidental deletion in org-mode
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:30:40 +0100

2009/8/23 Leo <address@hidden>:
> On 2009-08-23 11:58 +0100, Nick Bell wrote:
>> Org-mode is great and I'd like to commit to it. However, I'm held back
>> by the apparent fragility of data stored in org-files. For example,
>> it's easy to delete entire folded trees of data with just a couple of
>> keystrokes or a mouse click.
>
> This should not be a problem as long as you know how the undo in Emacs
> works. You can even use browse-kill-ringĀ¹ to see what you have deleted in
> Emacs.

...Provided you know that you killed something you didn't intend to.
However, it's easy to kill a tree without noticing it had content.

Maybe we could augment org-kill-line with some optional facility that
checks that it doesn't encompass a collapsed section -- or less
intrusively, emits a message saying it's killed a collapsed section.
I'm having a hard time seeing how to code it though.