[Orgmode] Re: How to use both _underlined_ and math subcsript of latex ?

From: waterloo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to use both _underlined_ and math subcsript of latex ?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 02:33:58 +0800

Excuse me .
This time is my fault.

I use `_test_is right' . it need a space behide the second `_' .

Thanks

2009/8/26 Matthew Lundin <address@hidden>
waterloo <address@hidden> writes:

> I use _underlined_ to get a line under `underline' in html.
> But the character `_' is known as math subscript of latex (just as in \
> sum_0^100 ).
>
> I want to use both underline and math subscript simultaneously.

As Bernt explained in his reply, the exporter should distinguish between
the two automatically. If you encounter a specific instance in which
this does not work, then please supply the source file.

Have you read the following sections of the manual?

http://orgmode.org/manual/Subscripts-and-superscripts.html#Subscripts-and-superscripts

http://orgmode.org/manual/LaTeX-fragments.html#LaTeX-fragments

If you want to turn off subscript except when you explicitly request it,
you can find full instructions in this response to one of your previous
posts:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/16797

> I find some of you are not familiar to latex syntax .

An inability to decipher cryptic mailing list questions does not
indicate a lack of comprehension of their purported subject matter.

- Matt