[Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Change of keys to move agenda through time
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:06:11 +0200

Hi,

thank you everybody for this very interesting discussion.  I have
been trying to think of a way to extract common ground from the
different opinions.

Here is what I have come up with:

1. n/p remain as they where
2. Moving forward/backward though time will be `f' and `b'
3. Follow mode goes to the "F" key, a capital letter does
   make sense here given that some other modes like [G]rid
   and clock[R]eport and [D]iary are on capitals as well.
4. `org-agenda-tree-to-indirect-buffer' is already on
   `C-c C-x b' which is the same key as in a normal Org
   buffer.  Therefore, I think we do not need to find a
   replacement for the `b' binding.
5. The cursor keys <left> and <right> are remapped to a
   function that does nothing, except showing a message
   that you should now use f/b to move through time.

We could have an option to allow users to get the time
motion or cursor motion on left/right, if there was enough
support/need for this.  I do not think that this is strictly
necessary, because every user can of course rebind keys
in any way she likes.  If we decide to use an option for
this purpose, the message shown by default with
the cursor keys could also point to the corresponding
variable.

Comments?

- Carsten