[Orgmode] EDB and org?

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] EDB and org?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 08:42:00 +1000

This may be a stretch, in fact I am quite sure it is.  I am surprized that I have never seen a reference to EDB (Emacs Data Base) on the list, or elsewhere, with reference to org-mode.  I had an elaborate scheme at one time to keep my addresses in EDB, and output templates to set up a latex letter, with multiple recipients if so desired, and of course multiple letters.

I'm not sure how, but it occurs to me that org mode and EDB have some common threads of this kind.  I have tried to implement an address book/contact system using properties, but it was very clumsy, at least in the way I did it.

Has anyone done ANYTHING interesting using EDB with org-mode?

Alan Davis

You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world,  but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing---that's what counts.

   ----Richard Feynman