Re: [Orgmode] Unnecessary comma escapes in HTML export of #+INCLUDE file

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Unnecessary comma escapes in HTML export of #+INCLUDE files
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:47:51 -0400

Hsiu-Khuern Tang <address@hidden> wrote:

> * On Fri 05:45AM +0000, 24 Jul 2009, Tang, Hsiu-Khuern (address@hidden) wrote:
> > * On Fri 01:22AM +0000, 24 Jul 2009, Bastien (address@hidden) wrote:
> > > Hi Hsiu-Khuern,
> > >
> > > I've just pushed a fix for this: when the "src" switch is present,
> > > including a file won't escape org-like lines.  With a bare #+include
> > > we still escape lines starting with * or #.
> > >
> > > Please test it and report any problem.
> >
> > It works beautifully now.  Thank you very much for the fix!
>
> It looks Org has reverted to the old behavior: inserting a comma at a
> beginning
> of every line in the #INCLUDE'd file that starts with whitespace followed by
> #.
>
> For example, if you export this as ascii (see
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15718):
>
> File 1: a.org
> * test
>
> #+INCLUDE: "a.sh" src sh
>
> File 2: a.sh
> #!/bin/sh
>
>  ## shell comment
> echo "This is a test"
>
> the output contains the line ", ## shell comment".
>
> Related question: what git commands does one use to obtain all the commits
> that
> changed a particular range of lines in a file?  I'm quite lost with git.

There was some churn for this particular functionality, but since I
don't really understand what is *supposed* to happen, I'll just refer
you (and Carsten and Bastien, both of whom made -possibly conflicting-
changes to this functionality) to the following exchange in the archive,
hoping it will shed some light and lead to a satisfactory resolution for
all involved:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/16244/focus=16259

The relevant commits are

    68b65e8f480c17cfe1024001c236eb4065893f4d

and

    dfd3749a273cc9f9a1d954363ea6de87049d17a7

Thanks,
Nick