Re: [Orgmode] Re: small emacs for using org on Android

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: small emacs for using org on Android
Date: 3 Sep 2009 10:03:06 +0200

<address@hidden> writes:

> Actually I find it significantly slower using ssh - there is a
> noticeable lag. I only really want to use it for org-mode so I don't
> need any heavy computation.
> However I must admit I get a more reliable cursor position using SSH
> (with a local connection it is sometimes off by a line).

Just checked the exact time: It takes 10 seconds to have Emacs ready via
ssh. Within the same time an app like the music player starts. How long
would a native Emacs running on the phone take to start?

I use ssh with key authentication, no password-typing: 8 sec. to
connect. Additional 2 seconds to type a bash-alias for emacsclient -t.
For me, it's fast enough for adding a note via org-remember, even during
a conversation.

Greetings

Sven