[Orgmode] Re: wrong-type-argument when publishing to HTML

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: wrong-type-argument when publishing to HTML
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:43:55 +0200

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Sep 3, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> This looks to me as if the the file being published is not in org- mode.
>>> So my first guess would be that Org2HTML.el misses the following line:
>>>
>>> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
>>>
>>> Remember that --batch processing implies -q, i.e. the .emacs file will not
>>> be evalated.
>>
>> I knew that, but I thought that

>> ;; Org-mode
>> (require 'org)
>>
>> would add the association `.org' in `auto-mode-alist' on its own.
>
> No, this is, I think, against Emacs conventions, because it would overrule
> user setup - some people might want to use .org for a different purpose.

Can you really imagine that? ;-)

OK. I was totally unaware of this fact, that we had to do such an association
(between the `.org' extension and the Org-mode) "manually" ...

> In Emacs 23, the default value for auto-mode-alist contains the regexp for
> org-mode, but I guess you are not running 23 in this case.

... or had to use Emacs 23 -- what I'm doing for a long while already, but not
my colleague (still using Emacs 22).

Well seen!

>> Anyway, adding the above `add-to-list' line (just after the `require org')
>> solved the problem of my colleague. Thanks.
>
> You are welcome.

Thanks again.

Seb

--