Re: [Orgmode] Re: RSI

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: RSI
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:34:57 +0000

My 2 cents' worth.

In the 80's I learned to use word star with an XT keyboard, with function keys down the left side and Ctl and Shift or Caps Lock opposite from the AT keyboard.  I felt at the time, the AT keyboard was a step backwards.

Just this year, I tried to find an XT keyboard, style but wasn't able to locate one.  I'd swap Caps Lock with Ctrl on my own keyboards, except I have three or four computers I use routinely, including a laptop, and it would just be more aggravation.

Any how, I wondered if the XT style keyboard would work well with emacs, and how or whether this would affect this RSI issue.

Alan

You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world,  but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing---that's what counts.

   ----Richard Feynman

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
At Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:50:08 -0400,
Matt Lundin wrote:
> key. Thus, short of using viper, the only solution that works for me is
> to use the Caps Lock key as Control. With that slight modification, I
> find emacs controls *very* comfortable (perhaps even as comfortable than

Yes, making caps lock act as control is key to using emacs without
pain (for me).  However, it's not a full solution for some keyboards
which don't have a caps lock key.  Therefore, I'm intrigued by your
reference to viper: is it possible to use, constructively and easily,
viper with org-mode?  If so, any pointers on how to accomplish this
would be fantastic!  A modal approach to writing/editing is fine with
me.