[Orgmode] Re: How to get \\ in title or author?

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to get \\ in title or author?
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:01:04 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'm not sure to understand the subtle differences between `\\', `\newline'
>> and `\linebreak', though...
>
> Me neither :)
>
> I've found this, which might help:
>
>   http://www.personal.ceu.hu/tex/breaking.htm

I don't really understand the differences, and it's not that correct: just
look at \\ which is supposed to start a new paragraph (in index) but a new
line (in rest of text)!??

> Maybe \linebreak is less context-sensitive than \newline, which would mean
> that there are more contexts (like \title and \author) in which it behaves
> as expected. Just a guess.

I've asked the question on FCTT (fr.comp.text.tex) and already got an answer
of Maneul Pegourie-Gonnard (who is expert on that matter):

http://groups.google.fr/group/fr.comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/1b1af2e5291270e2#

Sorry (for the others), it's in French.

Seb

--