[Orgmode] feature request: transpose a table

From: zwz
Subject: [Orgmode] feature request: transpose a table
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:59:20 +0200

Hi,
I do not know if I can do org-plot on rows instead of columns.
But today after I finished a table, I found I have to transpose the
table by hand so that I can plot it as I want.
Here is original table:
|  x  | y  | x  | y  | ... |
|-----+----+----+----+-----|
|   1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |     |
|   5 |  6 |  7 |  8 |     |
|   9 |  0 |  1 |  2 |     |
And I have to convert it into:
|   x | y | x | y | x | y | ... |
|   1 | 2 | 5 | 6 | 9 | 0 |     |
|   3 | 4 | 7 | 8 | 1 | 2 |     |

so that every two columns stand for a line.

I also wonder how do you guys draw multiple lines in one image, since
here there are multiple inds.