Re: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting after executing code

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting after executing code
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:20:20 -0600

andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> or, for a lighter solution
>>
>> http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git?a=blob_plain;f=contrib/lisp/org-eval.el;hb=HEAD
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-eval-light.php
>>
>> But org-babel may really be the way to go.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> org-babel is really nice I think, there's only one thing I don't understand
> yet.
> If I want in the same file to have the source code and the output of the
> source code how should I do??
>
> Once I enable org-babel it executes everything before exporting??
> No finer settings possible?

Hi,

There are four export setting using Org-babel.

- none :: neither the code or the results are exported and the block is
          not run
- code :: the fortified code is exported and the block is not run
- results :: the block is run, and the results are exported
- both :: the block is run and both the code and results are exported

These setting are controlled via the :exports header argument, so for
example in the following code block only the code would be included on
export.

#+begin_src ditaa :file test.png :exports code
   +----------------------+
   |                      |
   |                      |
   |          +-----------+
   |          |           |
   |          |           |
   |          |           |
   |          +-----------+
   |                      |
   +----------------------+
#+end_src

If you grab the latest Org-babel code from
http://github.com/eschulte/org-babel/tree/master then you can set the
exports header argument for an entire subtree by setting the subtree's
"exports" property, for example

** show all
   :PROPERTIES:
   :exports:  both