[Orgmode] Re: Bug (?): Columnview in emacsclient broken?

From: Maurice Boucher
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug (?): Columnview in emacsclient broken?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:22:59 +0200

Hello org-moders,

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> disait le 15/09/2009 que :

> Ein Bild sagt mehr als tausend Worte ;)
> Hi!
>
> I am having trouble using column view in an emacsclient (X11) session.
> Here are screenshots of what happens:
>
> The outline:
>     http://www.box.net/shared/lamexveohc
>
> The outline when Columnview is active:
>     http://www.box.net/shared/33rbasmk25
> [View with browser, wget does not work :(]
>
> I searched the list archive, but the only reported problem afaics that
> might be related is in this thread:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/9661/focus=9699
>
> There seems to be nothing in my setup causing this behaviour ...
> I append the sample outline for a quick test, does anyone else see this
> problem?

I have the same problem in emacsclient (X) after I started a server in
Screen session (emacs -nw), but columns view works fine with emacsclient
in console (-t option) and with emacs alone in X.

I read the thread reported above in your post, and I decided to start an
emacs server like daemon (emacs --daemon) and now columns in emacslient
under X are Ok. I have no explanation.

emacs 23.1.50.1 modified by Debian
org-mode 6.30trans

Maurice