[Orgmode] two custom agenda view questions

From: Michael Gilbert
Subject: [Orgmode] two custom agenda view questions
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:14:16 -0700

Hi --

Still too much of a newbie to figure this out on my own. I get lost in the Lisp still.

(1) I want to define a custom agenda view that displays only those tasks that have today as a deadline or are past-due. Since many of my tasks also have scheduled timestamps, sometimes these end up being the same day. It looks to me as if they will be left out if I skip scheduled items, even if they also have a current deadline. How can I finesse this?

(2) Eventually, I want to create a DONE log of copies of items as they get finished, with contextual data retained. But for right now, all I want is to be able to switch to an agenda view of tasks that were complete today. I've tried a few ideas that seemed like low-hanging fruit here, but no luck.

Anyone willing to help out with these? Thank you so much!

-- Michael

Michael C. Gilbert -- address@hidden

   The Gilbert Center -- http://gilbert.org
   Nonprofit Online News -- http://nonprofitnews.org

       "There can be no joy of life without joy of work." -- Aquinas