Re: [Orgmode] Superscripts in LaTeX export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Superscripts in LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:47:10 -0400

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> wrote:

> --- Dom 27/9/09, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> > I'm trying to generate $^{14}$C, or an equivalent, from
> > org-mode to represent the isotope of carbon
>
> > ** A Brief History of Attempts to Interpret the ^{14}C
> > Dates
> > *** The ^{14}C Dates
>
> what about using the \( \) or $ $ delimiters?:
>
> ** A Brief History of Attempts to Interpret the
> \( ^{14}\)C Dates
> *** The \(^{14}\)C Dates
> *** or
> *** The $^{14}$C Dates with dollar

That's the first thing I thought of and tried: it didn't work for me.

Did it work for you or are you saying that theoretically it *should* work?
It's not clear from your message whether you actually tried it out.

Thanks,
Nick

PS. I also tried the standard trick: {}^{14}C. It didn't work either.
The LaTeX code generated precedes all the special characters with
backslashes.