Re: [Orgmode] Re: A simpler remember architecture

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: A simpler remember architecture
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:27:45 +0200

On Oct 6, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:

 Just another off-topic but however related...:

C-u C-c C-x C-i i

 What if C-u C-c C-x C-i could show, in addition to the recently
clocked tasks, some fixed tasks from a user-defined list?
 The dialog would be:

Common tasks:
[1] answer phone
[b] breakfast
[p] procrastinate!
[n] think about next task to do
[2] work on file2 a bit more
Recently clocked in tasks:
[a] working on this
[b] working on that

 That list of common tasks could even be progressively created from
statistics of the most commonly clocked tasks.

I just use my STARTED agenda view for this.  I have a small number of
tasks in STARTED state for conveniently looking up what to clock in. It doesn't have a single keystroke access but the list is short enough that
I find it convenient to use.

I don't think we should pollute the recent clock list with other common tasks. If this is really needed then I think it would be better to be a
separate list so we don't have to share key sequence combinations etc.

I agree.

To cater more to the OP's needs, consider using a special tag for such
common tasks, like :COMMON:

The create a special agenda view hat just shows this tag.

- Carsten