[Orgmode] contact management in org-mode?

From: Lindsay Todd
Subject: [Orgmode] contact management in org-mode?
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 20:17:46 -0400

Has anyone used org-mode to manage email and other contacts?  Maybe
exporting information as vCards, or some other format, so it can be
reused by email clients, e.g. Thunderbird?

I see that it is possible to link into BBDB, which I've never used.
But it would seem to me that org-mode could also organize contact
information, perhaps even more usefully and richly, without needing to
learn yet another package.  Or is BBDB so wonderful that I should just
use that instead?

/Lindsay