Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle indentation

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle indentation
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 08:31:14 -0600

Hi Chris,

You have touched upon a true limitation in the current tangle
functionality.  I think this issue has two parts (one of which you
address below).

1) it is impossible to specify a piece of heavily indented code in a
   source-code block.  For example

#+begin_src python
          9
#+end_src

   will always be exported as

9

   because Org-babel strips off any leading spaces.  This problem is
   exacerbated by the fact that C-' org-edit-special also strips off
   leading spaces.

2) There is no way to specify the level at which the contents of a
   source block should be indented.  You provided a good solution to
   this second issue below, and I'm adding it to the org-babel task
   stack.

Thanks -- Eric