Re: [Orgmode] add a whole directory as one item to refile targets

From: Eraldo Helal
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] add a whole directory as one item to refile targets
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 23:48:23 +0200

| Carsten: "Please try again."
> Sure :)   ;;sorry about that I happen to have problems explaining...

If I am on a headline in an org-mode buffer and do "C-c C-w" (refile) on it...
...and then press TAB twice. I get a completion list buffer that pops
up and looks somthing like this:

     Possible completions are:
     done.org/    eraldo.org/    inbox.org/

>> showing some files as possible refile targets.

What I would like to have is this:

     Possible completions are:
     done.org/    eraldo.org/    inbox.org/    Reference/

>> showing the same refile targets plus a directory of my choice!

In the meantime I have made some experiments and I could get my
directory(name) listed there...
... however that is not of any use since it does not treat it as a
directory nor as a file ;; very strange stuff ^^

What is the way to go in order to move a headline to a location that
is not listed as a refile target?

>> until now what I did is the following:
open a new emacs buffer and open the desired file in there or create a
new one. ;; C-x C-f
fold up the headline. ;; TAB  //  TAB TAB
cut the headline ;; C-k
change buffer again. ;;  C-x o  //  C-c b  //  C-x b  //  Alt+TAB
paste the headline ;; C-y

If there is a better / easier way I would be glad to know :)

Thanks for your patience,
Eraldo