Re: [Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Tagging a region of text without creating a branch
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:27:37 +0200

On Oct 12, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

At Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:29:05 +0200,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Oct 10, 2009, at 5:39 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:

Yes, this should now work.  Good catch.

You method with the tag on the END line would even be harmful, as it
removes any text after the END line, up to the next heading.

Can you show me the use case for not exporting inline tasks? Maybe I need to bring that variable back, if there is a good case for it....

Now that I am doing more of my writing in org-mode, I plan to use
inline tasks for marking up my drafts with TODOs. These reminders
would be "for my eyes only." When I publish the draft to LaTeX or html
for sharing, I would thus prefer that the inline tasks be excluded.

OK, I have re-introduced the variable org-inlinetask-export, as a
Boolean. Do we need to be able to set this on a per-file basis?

Thanks Carsten! An option to set per-file would indeed be nice. For
instance, if I'm working on an article, I might want to share one
version of it without visible inline tasks/comments and another with
them.

That said, I suppose I could use local variables to do this.

Local variables will not work, but #+BIND will.

I guess this will be enough....

- Carsten