[Orgmode] feature request: scroll other window in agenda view follow mod

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] feature request: scroll other window in agenda view follow mode
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 07:52:38 +0100

Carsten,

I wonder whether I could request a small feature addition in org-mode
(or have a pointer to already implemented functionality, of course
;-)?

Using the agenda view with follow mode is fantastic for complex agenda
views.  What I find, however, is that I miss having a scroll other
window as implemented in many other "2 window" interfaces in Emacs
(e.g. most mail user agents like rmail, wanderlust, gnus, etc.).  I
find myself hitting spacebar to scroll down the other window (the one
with the org file view) as I would in mail tools and it does nothing.

The request would be to have org-agenda-show, bound to ' ', scroll
down the other window if already showing the entry.  Would this be
possible easily?

I realise that I could simply type M-C-v but it would be nice to have
consistency with other emacs tools.  I have tried mapping the spacebar
to scroll-other-window in the agenda keymap but this does nothing
because the agenda view simply re-shows the org file at the same
location!

Thanks,
eric