[Orgmode] Re: New module: org-learn, incremental reading

From: Bill Powell
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New module: org-learn, incremental reading
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:58:27 -0400

Wow! This is great! I'm using Anki and Mnemosyne to manage
spaced repetition right now, but integrating this with
org-mode is /awesome/.

Just one question...

[snip]

>      5 - perfect response
>      4 - correct response after a hesitation
>      3 - correct response recalled with serious difficulty
>      2 - incorrect response; where the correct one seemed easy to recall
>      1 - incorrect response; the correct one remembered
>      0 - complete blackout.
>
>   3. If your answer is 4 or 5, the item will not be repeated.

In my own experience, material /always/ has to be repeated.
Especially when you're first learning something, those
"perfect" responses will turn real shaky if you wait three
months before you look at the items again. I believe this is
how Anki and Mnemosyne work, too.

Anyhow, I will look at the code, as it's probably easy
enough to tweak, but I just wanted to mention this issue.
Coming back to previous "perfects" after too long and
finding them fuzzy can be quite disappointing. :)

Thanks again for this!

Bill Powell

http://stmarysmessenger.com : New Catholic magazine for kids!
http://wineskinmedia.com : Books and sites crafted with care.