Re: [Orgmode] org-babel: Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel: Meta-LaTeX-Python-Environment
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 22:23:15 -1000

On Oct 26, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

<...>

< ... >

The inline code blocks will not be processed inside source blocks. I'm
not sure how to achieve what you want with the current machinery, but
have you read the recent posts by Thomas Dye describing how he uses
latex blocks with org-babel?  In particular you should look at the noweb
reference expansions. These are also documented on the Worg page. In
general of course, the more you can write in org rather than latex, the
more functionality you'll get out of org-babel. Is it possible write the
abstract in org and defer export to latex?

<...>

Hi Torsten,

Perhaps this will do what you want?  When I run org-babel-tangle on the following org file, and then LaTeX the output, the resulting pdf file says: A bit of LATEX code, with the result: 6

* Test org
#+begin_src python
  x = 6
  f = open('python_results.tex', 'w')
  f.write(str(x))
  f.close()
#+end_src

#+resname:
: None

#+begin_src latex :tangle test_arg_passing
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
  A bit of \LaTeX code, with the result: \input{python_results}
\end{document}
#+end_src

HTH,
Tom