Re: [Orgmode] Re: text-mode-abbrev-table default?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: text-mode-abbrev-table default?
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:10:31 +0100

Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Leo wrote:
>
>> On 2009-10-28 09:19 +0000, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>> Because if I do tis by default, someone if going to want
>>> to have a separate table.... :-)
>>>
>>> You solution is good - a nice snippet for a FAQ, maybe?
>>
>> It seems natural to `define-abbrev-table' org-mode-abbrev-table with
>> text-mode-abbrev-table being its parent ;)
>
> Hmm, after reconsidering, I think you are right.
>
> How exactly would that look like?  Should that be a top-level form in
> org.el?
> And should I then define org-mode with :abbrev-table
> org-mode-abbrev-table   ?
>
> Just make me a patch, and I will apply it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten

It would be great, if user could choose the appropriate
abbrev-table via customize too.

For example my text-mode-abbrev-table contains german
abbrevs, while writing this text an
(english-mode-abbrev-table) is present.

It might be useful being able to keep several org-mode
projects witch different language abbrev tables.

Thanks, Grüße

Andreas